Tuesday, October 5, 2010

5th Week Blah

As I enter my fifth week of turning in captions for features, and printing out invoices for teachers... I sadly have to see the "Portrait Package" folder and realize that for this week, my name will not be placed inside that folder.

I have ideas! I get really good ones in my head and I can see how I would light a scene and beautiful visuals - but then I don't have the resources to make those visuals come to life. This week I wasn't able to get a hold of the people that I wanted to get a hold of and if I did make contacts most emails were left unanswered. Plus, it's so hard to not be able to use the materials that are right in front of me. I'm around swimmers daily from working with the team and I am now "banned" from using anymore swimmers this semester - which is understandable because I know he wants us to use variety and stuff but I just don't have the time that I would like to put into better work.

Awful I know.

My goal is to get a B this year in photo and I think if I can prove that I can get it in Practicum then I should have been able to get it in all my other classes. But as of right now I am not doing so well and I don't know if my attitude is because I am tired of doing school work or if I am just tired of not fulfilling my potential in photo class. I personally think I deserved higher grades on my sports stuff but at the same time I cannot complain about the grades I did get because they're relatively higher than the rest of my grades.

I just don't know why I feel like this. It could be a lot worse with our weekly assignments and right now I am not happy because I couldn't do portraits?! Portraits are the next "easiest" thing in my mind because everything is controlled.

Maybe fall break will help give me the time I need to get focused again. Let's hope so anyways because I am going to do everything I can to either get a B, or as close as possible to it.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Kristiana said...

Everyone's in a slump right now. Photo has worn you down, used you, and cast you aside like a cheap whore. But do you, Megan Stearman, stay down? No you most certainly do not!! I believe in you. Have a relaxing fall break and dive back into school with a rejuvenated outlook. Love you.

October 5, 2010 at 4:03 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home