Thursday, August 26, 2010

Daily Times & Other Updates

What all started out as a project for my multimedia class has now become a possible job opportunity for the next couple of years. I did an interview of the publisher at the Glasgow Daily Times and razzled and dazzled him by my charming personality and winning smile all the way that got him to call me back for a job - I actually think it was our mutual disrespect for the pjs that come out of WKU.

Whatever it may have been - it got me a job.

Today, I was told that I would be working one day a week (Fridays) for $50 to sit there and update scores onto their paper's facebook page which is also linked to their twitter and paper website (no pressure on spelling or grammatical error.) Also, that I impressed the big boss so much that he was willing to offer me a full-time position by next year - enough time to get the ropes underneath my belt. Burton said their sports editor is also looking to leave and that is the position he'd be willing to give me. Sports Editor Megan Stearman - HA! Has a nice ring doesn't it?

Also been trying to get in touch with printing people to get my latest project printed off. Swim team poster fully equipped with schedule and photos by yours truly. Now the swim team will hopefully get a little of the recognition they deserve. If not, least I did something that impressed the coaches and the swimmers will enjoy.



Other than that, I have been dreading school to start because that means back to the classrooms...and back to...

photo.

Perhaps with the strength of my followers and the feeling of accomplishments under my belt from this summer I won't go in with my head hanging low as I climb over all the camera bags to sit in the back of the room. Perhaps this will be a good year and positive year for me in photo with Mr. B.

Right.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home