Sunday, August 8, 2010

Airport



As I sat in terminal A8 waiting for my plane that was delayed 20 minutes I take the extra time to do one of my favorite pastimes – people watching.

When we first originally walked back I saw a woman in a green Air Force hat that seriously looks like the gothic girl from the breakfast club – no joke – sitting my one of the two pillars in the wall paying no attention to the others as they walk past.

I soon checked out everyone else as I sat down. We had a woman who was sitting with the expression on her face that stated, “even think about looking at me and I’ll kill you.” Friendly character she was. My smile as she passed me didn’t even help my chances. There was a man that was having fun with his phone and playing some game on it, man was he into bubble breaker.

I was soon bored with everyone’s presence because they weren’t entertaining and kept to themselves as we all sit at least 20 seats away from each other.

Then he walked in.

A very happy Chinese man just smiling at everyone pulling his little black bag behind him walking in circles looking for something. He just kept smiling as I watched him look at all of us, brushing his hair back his hand and continuing to walk in circles looking for something. He had on a very shiny silver / gray shirt that said Panasonic so this man was down with his technology.

Out of all the happy-go-lucky folks I have around me, he chose to go sit by breakfast club girl only because he needed her – for the outlet she was sitting by.

By this time I was far to fascinated in this man. So I watched as he sat down, unzipped his laptop case and pulled out his tiny tiny laptop. While many think this laptop would be far too feminine for such a happy Chinese man as himself – he pulled it of very nicely.

He was pushing the cord behind the chair when he leaned too far forward and had his computer fall out of his and onto the floor. Did he yell profanities or do anything to alarm the other Continental Airline passengers?

No not at all.

He just sat there, heard the clunk it made as it hit the floor and formed an “ooh” formation with him mouth but never uttered a word. A hand to the forehead or both hands grabbing his head would have been priceless but entertaining nonetheless.

Thank you sir for shortening the time I had just to listen to my music and stare off into the distance. You have truly made my day that much more special.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Kristiana said...

funniest entry yet! Keep writing M Stearman :)

August 8, 2010 at 11:25 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home