Sunday, August 1, 2010

Nerves!

As we have reached the under '5 days till Cali' mark I can easily say that the nerves in my stomach are growing rapidly. Rather it be butterflies from the possibility of flying out by myself rather than with one other swimmer, shooting with some big shot photographers who have been published in many high end newspapers and magazines where Nationals is going to be a piece of cake for them, not knowing whether I am going to check a bag (yes, this unanswered question puts strain on me), or not having a single thing ready for this trip and basically going in blind. It could be any or all the above I guess.

I feel like I don't know what I am doing. I have basically two telephoto lenses and if I need any that exceed 300 mm and if the media area isn't as close to the pool as I have been able to get before - that's going to be completely embarrassing and pointless for me to even be there.

I don't know I feel an immense amount of pressure because the school is waiting on my pictures for a gallery for their website, our coach is banking on me to get good shots because that's the reason I am there, and I feel like I need to do this for myself.

Maybe I am just panicking. I have had a lot of time to myself and my brain begins to wonder and start to doubt myself. I can do this, I can do this - or at least I hope I can.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Michael said...

Megan you have absolutely nothing to worry about. You're going to get those shots and everyone will be in awe.

As far as checking a bag or not checking bag...you're on your own.

August 1, 2010 at 8:12 PM  
Blogger Megan Stearman said...

Ha ha well what help are you Michael?! I don't want to be on my own with this considering I am already having trouble on deciding what to do about it!

August 2, 2010 at 11:21 AM  
Anonymous Michael said...

Well we have talked about this. Switching airlines mid flight and expecting your bags to all arrive at the same time is a bit much to ask from an industry that employs pilots who don't even know where to land sometimes.

So I'm off the fence. My advice is do not check a bag if you can help it.

August 2, 2010 at 5:04 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home