Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Portraits

It's pretty bad if my grade going into my 5th week of photo is a 69.5 right? I'm barely coasting a C / D status?

Oy.

Well apparently my 'good-eye' for features isn't going to get me far because lets review my features from this past week.
Grades: 75, 75, and 50
Comments: No more swim pictures, no moment, and how could I publish a picture from a story before the story runs??

Well we've sadly moved on from sports and now have moved onto our next stage of grading period. If I didn't do too well in sports, how am I going to pick my confidence up to do well in another aspect? And the last portrait I shot (which I was really proud of) was the worst grade of the series assignment.

Deep sigh

Okay, I can do this... it can't be too bad. This week's assignment calls for a three picture series of location portraits that reveal character and work environment of the subjects we select.

We watched a video of a great portrait artist, Arnold Newman - and he's pretty awesome. Have to admit, I had never heard of him but am now a huge fan. I may have to try to recreate some of his shots with my subjects. Let's wait a week and see the stuff I can post and if I am proud of it enough.

I'm afraid that I had my chance to excel in sports - which I didn't do to my complete satisfaction - and now we're back to what everyone else excels in. I'm doomed.

Mr. B said we have a lot of work to do on our captions and features. Hopefully the new invoices that we have to turn in maybe will be bunny points and we can get some little credit to help out our grade.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Kristiana said...

You can do it! Believe in yourself, and I'm always here beside you

September 29, 2010 at 10:40 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home