Friday, March 11, 2011

Last Swim Meet



For me, the end of the WKU swimming season was bittersweet and left my mind racing on ideas and thoughts about what to do next season.

While neither the men's or women's team came away from Texas with a NCAA championship trophy it was overall a great trip. I shot over 5,000 pictures - most to be cut out and deleted once I go through them for editing - but the pure emotion and competitive nature was captured in many of my photographs.

After I captured the picture shown above, I began to think that it was like pictures like this that are run in magazines and newspapers - and sometimes run big. Honestly, it felt like I could have cried because of how much pride I had in myself for this picture. I may not make As in my photo classes or ever be published in anything for school... but when I have a passion for something and believe in myself I think that I can do anything with sports photography.

I have a lot that I would still like to and need to learn and working with swimming I would like to use underwater equipment and see about having those pictures next year as options for buys. That's my next project and research that will begin.

The video was also a big hit which made me feel very accomplished. Again, I have a lot to learn, but least I am (outside of photo class) having a lot of fun doing it.

To see all the pictures from Conference 2011, please visit all the galleries

1 Comments:

Blogger best friend said...

You can do anything! If you can dream it you can do it!

March 12, 2011 at 8:40 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home